Monday, October 13, 2008

persepolis reading

I had the book persepolis sitting in my house back in mass for a long time. I meant to always pick it up and read it, but i just never had the time or motivation. This reading assignment was good for me, seeing as I finally was forced to analyze it. I think a part of the reason I hadn't, was the style of the book. I was never astonished by the artwork, which plays a big role in which graphic novels i actually flip through. Although, as I read through the book, the style began to grow on me. It made more and more sense that it would be a bold black and white imagery. The story parallels the style. The content was intersting, and informative. It reminded me of Epileptic by David B. which doesn't get nearly the publicity that Persepolis gets. In my opinion, I found the layouts and storytelling to be better then Persepolis. But Persepolis is covering a more encompassing topic, that effected more people. I think this says alot for its popularity. I'm not putting the book down, because I thought it was a nice read. I just find it interesting what filters out to the masses, and why.

No comments: